Calling all B2B Marketing Mangers looking for a new challenge.
Employer: eXceeding Limited
Location: Wellingborough, NN9
Hours: 4-5 days per week / flexible start/finish time
Flexibility: 2-3 days from home considered
Salary: £38,000.00 - £42,000.00 per year
Experience: 6 years+ in a B2B Marketing Manager role
A little background
At eXceeding, we've delivered year on year growth for the last eight years have and always reinvested a percentage of our revenue back into marketing. To continue to develop our brand awareness, lead generation and ultimately sales revenues, we want to appoint an internal Marketing Manager.
Although initially a standalone role, as the company continues to grow it is envisaged that you will hire your own team. You would also take responsibility for marketing strategy at some point. We’re working with an external consultancy for strategic direction at the moment and thus have a pre-defined strategy. You would work with this external partner as well as others.
We would like you to develop and implement the marketing plan that will be born out of this new strategic direction for the business, manage the day-to-day marketing activities of the organisation, and ensure all activity is delivered in budget and to pre-agreed targets.
Who are we looking for
You're an experienced B2B Marketing Manager who has had ownership of all aspects of marketing within a single organisation, including working closely with sales and business development to generate and nurture leads. You’re able to tick almost all of the list of key responsibilities outlined below.
You ideally have experience of marketing to buyers of professional services such as consulting, IT Services or outsourcing, or white-collar contract recruitment. If so, you'll catch our attention.
What’s in it for you?
This is an opportunity to join a small team committed to growing the business and take full ownership of the marketing function. We’re all on a mission and it’s a positive, dynamic environment despite the current economic doom and gloom.
We value marketing as a key requirement for success so you can expect to have the full support of leadership, bring ideas, and make a real difference.
You’ll join at an exciting time when things are going on and you’ll have lots of variety. We have recently won some high-profile new business, the new marketing strategy is just being developed, a new website project is kicking off, and there is a genuine appetite to deliver regular, thought leadership content to increase the brand’s profile.
No two days are the same;
- One day you could work with the Sales Director to develop a plan for a new sector
- The next you might be run a cross-platform digital campaign to promote a new service offer
- And on another you could be interviewing a consultant to draft a thought leadership article.
- Upholding brand values and key messages: Ensure that marketing communications adhere to brand guidelines, represent the business and its values accurately, and are consistent in their message.
- Coordination with sales team: Align marketing activity with sales objectives. Understand sales and marketing funnels, monitor the sales teams consistent use of CRM and support sales as needed with marketing activity or collateral.
- E-Marketing and Lead Generation: Working with the CRM system to help nurture leads through to conversion. Manage lead generation campaigns and regular communications using e-marketing software.
- Ownership of collateral: Collateral includes marketing brochures, eBooks, business proposals and sales presentations templates. Update these materials and ensure they are on-brand.
- Design: A good working knowledge of PowerPoint is important. The Marketing Manager will be required to update case studies and sales collateral. The creation of graphics for use in Blogs or social media will be required so experience of using a package such as Canva would be useful. Knowledge of a design package such as InDesign or Photoshop would be considered an advantage
- Website Content Management: Maintain website in Wordpress so an understanding of this CMS is important. Manage the page content, update case studies, testimonials, and other database-driven content.
- Content Planning/Creation: Daily planning and management of all content as per existing content plan. Create content for blogs, website, e-marketing campaigns, proposals, and social media.
- Social Media Management: Maintain social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter). Curate, create and schedule content. Interact - and respond to interactions, and identify groups or influencers to engage with. We have a Hootsuite account to help with managing content. An understanding of paid advertising would be an advantage.
- Management of External Suppliers: Suppliers have been selected to manage SEO, PPC (Google, Bing and LinkedIn) and website development. Manage relationships with these suppliers, review their performance and report back to the business as to how related campaigns are performing. Interpreting the data to measure the success of these suppliers will be important but you are not expected to be a subject matter expert on these areas.
- Analytics: Creating metrics to measure progress and refine approach as required by analysing data created by marketing activities.
eXceeding provides consulting services to businesses on all aspects of procurement and bidding. Procurement consulting could include setting procurement strategy, running procurements on a project basis, conducting spend or contract reviews, or providing supplier relationship management services. Our Bid services involve helping clients to manage their bidding process, improving the quality of their responses and hence their probability of success.
We are a local team with a national network of consultants. Day-to-day you will feel part of a small, friendly team comprising leadership, sales, and operations.
Our culture and work-life balance
The culture is relaxed and we try to work flexibly around the needs of the team. There’s no formal dress code, we regularly stop for lunch together, have great coffee on tap and always make sure the fruit bowl is stacked! If you have a positive attitude and are as happy working independently as taking part in team brainstorms, you’ll feel at home here.
We can provide flexible options such as a four-day week, some adjustment to start/finish times where necessary, and home working. You should aim to be able to commute to our offices two days per week.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your CV, covering letter and any other supporting information to:
Business Development Manager
E: [email protected]
(no agencies please)