Bid Strategy Services & Bid Win Theme Development
Bid Strategy Services - The Challenge
Winning work is difficult. To beat the competition you need a clear strategy and your bid has to make you stand out from the rest.
To develop a winning strategy you must understand the market, understand the needs of you customer and understand how your company can meet them. You also need to know what the competition looks like. To develop a realistic strategy you need to know where you are, where you want to be and how to get there.
Your bid needs to include key messages that highlight why the customer should select you by emphasising how you are the best choice to meet their needs and requirements.
The foundation for a winning strategy comprises:
- Understanding what the customer wants, what makes them tick and what they are looking for, in other words what are the issues, concerns, hot spots from the customer’s perspective,
- Learning from previous experience - what has been successful in the past and what will win going forward
- Analysing the market in terms of who the competition is and how the customer perceives you and them
- Developing, at a high level, what needs to be done to maximise your chance of winning by:
- Building on your strengths
- Mitigating your weaknesses
- Increasing your credibility
- Developing a commercial strategy that covers pricing, alternative offerings
- Partnering with others
- Developing themes, key messages and branding that will resonate with the customer
We will help you identify and respond to your customer’s requirements and articulate your value propositions and your key win themes throughout your bid.
Through our flexible, collaborative approach, using workshops, formal and informal sessions with your management and bid team, we will help you identify the optimal strategy for your proposal. We will work with you to describe those golden threads that will make your bid shine against your competitors, and we’ll help you weave those threads throughout your submission
We can make a real difference to your bid performance with our range of services including:
- Forward pipeline strategy – early notification of attractive business opportunities
- Client needs analysis – identifying explicit and implicit requirements
- Market analysis – understanding the bigger picture, trends and developments
- SWOT analysis covering you and your competition
- Bid/no bid decision process
- Bid strategy development
- Developing key themes and messages
- Articulating those key themes and golden threads
- Bid writers’ workshops – to develop proposal structure and writing plans
- Ensuring proposals are responsive, high scoring and compliant
- Helping you develop alternative offers both technical and commercial
- Reviewing proposal prior to submissions including red team, blue team reviews
Our services can be the lightest of touches, simply assessing your existing strategy, assisting with identifying key win themes or facilitating occasional workshops, through to providing a complete bid directorship for your business or individual tenders.
Bidding is expensive – it eats away your hard earned profits. By having a clear strategy, bidding for work that you have a high percentage of winning, having and efficient and effective processes the benefits are clear:
- Improved ‘bid , no bid’ decisions
- Higher win rates
- Lower bid costs
- Advanced market position
- Upskilled and motivated bid teams
- Repeatable, scalable and predictable processes
- A sound foundation for improvement
Whether you need assistance with a single element of your Bid Strategy or Win Theme…or if you need a complete turnkey service please get in touch to discuss your needs.
For further information on responding to Bids and Tenders please visit our Bid Writing Services page