When the deadlines looming and you haven’t got the time, who you going to call?
Often in business deadlines that seem far away creep up on you and before you know it you haven’t got the time; particularly if you have a deadline to submit a bid response, or proposal. What can you do to ensure that your organisation avoids this situation?
Here are our top tips to meet those deadlines.
- Prepare – make sure you are ready to bid. Check you have policies in place, accounts, things that you know you will get asked to produce when you receive the PQQ, RFP, ITT or Tender.
- Develop your bid strategy and win themes early – make sure you know how you can win. Don’t bid if you know you are unable to bid, or if there are no other compelling strategic reasons to bid. Make sure you know what you need to do well in advance.
- Plan, plan, plan – make sure you know what you need to do to implement your bid strategy and what you need to do to complete your submission.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses. Analyse where you need to do the most work in order to get a high-scoring responsive bid.
- Prioritise your actions – sweat the hard stuff first, work on your weaknesses making a 4 into an 8, is easier and more lucrative that making a 9 into a 10
- Motivate your team. Make sure those that contribute to your bid understand what is required of them and by when. Ensure all contributors know how important it is to win and why you will win – this will help motivate all involved.
- Be committed. Once you commit to bid make sure it gets all the attention it needs in terms of resources and support from the top.
- Monitor progress – check where you are against the plan on a daily basis so that issues can be identified early. Inform the team – they need to know to maintain momentum.
- Have a Plan B. Things will go wrong and plans may go awry so build in contingency and have an alternative plan.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help - when time is running out, get assistance. This is not a sign of weakness; knowing when to bring in additional resource to get the job done is strength. This could be internally, or externally.
For further information on responding to Bids and Tenders please visit our Bid Writing Services page
Email [email protected] or call 03333 555 111 for all enquires.