Contract Renegotiation: Is your organisation suffering from any of these contract issues?
- Rigid, inflexible and one sided contracts and SLAs (Service Level Agreements)
- Limited access to most suitable and up-to-date solutions
- Grey areas in contract and solution/service, leading to opposing expectations
- Inappropriately long term contracts with little room for client flexibility
- Unforeseen costs
- Lack of meaningful reporting
- Overpayment for under-delivery
Are you allowing your supplier’s capabilities and performance define your business or IT strategies and costs?
Then it may be time to renegotiate your contract
More and more businesses are renegotiating outsourcing agreements before expiration more often than ever before!
Agreements entered into in the past have tended to be rather rigid. But as markets and economic conditions change, your business needs are constantly evolving and you deserve to be able to take advantage of new, more cost effective services and technologies as they become available.
eXceeding believes that both the client and provider should see contract renegotiation as a fundamental element of their company structure. Indeed, a pattern of contract renegotiation is no longer regarded as a rarity but more as the ‘norm’.
There are always options available to improve on your current provider’s agreement, cost, performance or service, but they won’t offer them if you don’t ask!
It is all too easy to let contracts just roll on due to the relentless pressure of ‘business as usual’. Your business could suffer if there are aspects of the supply contract that are no longer best for your needs. For example, issues that should not have arisen, if your provider was serving you proficiently.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you using your suppliers to maximise your competitive advantage?
- Are you minimising your supply chain risks?
- Are you taking full advantage of technology advancements?
- Are you 100% confident that your current agreement delivers best value for money today?
Clients tell us that they often do not have time or a sufficiently detailed understanding of their suppliers to be sure they are getting the services the contracts and SLAs entitled to them at the right cost.
Renegotiation of a contract, with expert assistance, can provide an opportunity to improve and enhance aspects that have proved less than effective, and can also open the door to revisiting key areas, such as duration, delivery, management, solutions, technologies and cost.
Our consultants have worked with a wide range of clients and suppliers and negotiated thousands of agreements, overcoming many pitfalls that outsourcers have had to face. The major challenge being 'you do not know what you do not know'!
If you feel that you need assistance in any of these areas, you’ve found the right company to support you!